Saturday, April 19, 2008

Just Getting Started


Just Getting Started has got to start somewhere, huh?


Yes,...yes it can.

So why here, why now, and why, actually at all?


Good question. With the idea of wisdom telling us that the more we know, the less we know, I'll cut the extra mustard that is "I have no actual idea of the who's, what's, when's, where's, how's, and sometimes why's; because God has a master plan and the crumbs get eaten by something, somewhere down the line." and, run-on sentence, actually try to answer the unanswerable. Deep philosophical thought for a second, I would argue that life is so fragile, that in-and-of-itself is unanswerable, like how do we get away with passing twinkies through our bowels or why are we truly here,...those type answers will be answered here.

Wow, this is some ballsy stuff!

I know.


Oh yeah, why here? Simply because, deep down inside, I, as a poet who likes to use a LOT of commas and free from English-ruled thoughts, think I have something to say and that it is worth saying. I had a professor that once told me, personally to my face, tiny particles of her saliva floating through space and coming in contact with my face, that I was full of a male cow's dung if I thought that I only wrote or thought for the sake of my own sanity. In other, shorter words, phrases and such, that I have been "given something that the world deserves to hear." THIS, my web wanderers, from a self-proclaimed believer of nothing; you know, dust after dawn, in the wind to someday settle in someone else's house to cause sniffling, sneezing and asthma attacks - atheist. I believed her, and started shouting out loud, singing not only in the shower and car but in the middle of the mall and at the grocery check-out line, writing everyday since then. She empowered me like no other before. She believed in me, and I thank God for her, and dedicate, among others, everything I write to her. So, for now, we are here because IT is here, and I am allowed. Side philosophical note, the word "allowed," it's essence, is that this is a privilege, that always starts with a circle (of friends, confidants, neighbors or patrons at your local wi-fi spot), but ends at a point in the center. Yeah, wrapping my head around that right now.

We'll ride on camels through needles.

One hump or two hump?


Not sure...whichever one conserves water better.



Why now is another wonderful question, with so much to say. My friend wrote a song called "so much to say," calling it so basically because he said that in one of the first lines of his flow (a tight one at that - i don't really use "tight" so don't thing you caught me in some kind of hip hop faux pas) and exclaimed at one point "just live another day!" And it really is that simple, when I just stop and listen. Today is THE day. Easy to say, but infinitely harder to practice, and although I feel a little stretched trying to bridge the gap, I'm all about trying and believing in the impossible. Someone also said, congruent to my "so much to say" friend, "blessed are those that have not seen, and yet have believed." Yep, trying to wrap my head around that lettuce.

Which kind of answers the last question as well, a two-fer, if you know what I'm sayin?

OH NO, not so fast homie...you ain't getting away with that on this spot!


Life, I've found in my short stint, privileged in some respects, is an open book. I CAN say, no matter who you are or what you've been through or what kind of weapon you're holding at me, that YOUR life should be an open book. Yeah, YOU!!! I guess I'm preaching, but that's how we pass wisdom and understanding on this planet. We pass it around at campfires, in wigwams, or for those of us caught up in the concrete cheese chase, we blog it. Like my man Till said "if you think you got the answers, what's up then?" He's down to listen. I should probably learn from that...but for now, my life is an open book because I'm down to learn from "that." Feel me. That's why this right here, right now, is "why, actually, at all."

I'm inviting you in.

You know...honestly, I'm not sure if I want to come in.

I feel you...me neither...but it's tough getting back through that needle's eye. If you don't want to come in, maybe you'll spare some thread or yarn?



No comments: